Be amazing, be myself, make an impact.
Lead Engineer2017 - 2019
XWP — Victoria, Australia (remote)
- Develop custom web applications on behalf of enterprise clients.
- Mentor a small team of developers.
- Speak on behalf of XWP at conferences.
Director of Engineering2016 - 2017
Toptal, LLC — San Francisco, CA (remote)
- Help Toptal clients place freelance software developers.
- Interview and assess prospective new developers.
- Speak on behalf of Toptal at conferences.
Director of Technology 2015 - 2016
The Friends School of Atlanta — Decatur GA
- Manage school network, servers, website and critical infrastructure.
- Create the "Innovation Lab" a S.T.E.A.M. makerspace.
- Teach CAD, programming, computer science topics to K-8 students.
Special Projects Manager 2014 - 2015
University System of Missouri — Columbia MO (remote)
- Manage development for School of Journalism websites.
- Lead development of custom WordPress plugins and themes.
- Oversee complex data and server migrations.
Lead Developer 2012 - 2014
Cheri Media Group, Inc. — Los Angeles CA (remote)
- Work with designers and developers to ensure quality and timely project completion.
- Develop custom web applications for music media websites.
- Design, deploy and manage server infrastructure.
Web Developer & Consultant 2007-2012
Q21.CO, LLC — Atlanta GA
- Manage and contribute to web development projects.
- Draft proposals, estimates, presentations and technical documents.
- Plan and execute social media, email marketing and SEO campaigns.
Fine Arts Major2002 - 2003
Webster University, St. Louis MO
- Studies scenic design, stage management and technical direction.
- Managed theatrical production crew of 6 student.
- Internship as Information Technology assistant.
Communications Manager 2014 - 2016
Decatur Makers, Decatur GA
- Create website for community makerspace.
- Organize and promote community events.
- Organize successful Kickstarter and other fund raising campaigns.
Technology Instructor 2012 - 2016
Smoke Rise Prep, Tucker GA
- Teach introduction to computer science classes.
- Lead HTML, FIRST Robotics, and outdoor conservation clubs.
- Manage Google Apps for Education account.
Organizer 2011 - 2015
WordCamp Atlanta, Atlanta GA
- Manage annual event with more than 500 attendees.
- Oversee speaker selection and programming decisions.
- Solicit advertisers to offset event costs.
Relevant Skills and Proficiencies
Development Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working with and in Agile teams.
- Basic understanding of programming languages including Python, JAVA, Ruby and Coffeescript.
- Accustomed to CSS preprocessors such as LESS and SASS.
- Proficient with version control tools including GIT and SVN.
- Familiar with modern server tools such as Linux, Unix, OpenStack, Varnish and Memcached.
- Extensive experience using WordPress and other open source content management systems.
Professional Strengths and Abilities
- Professional speaking engagements at industry events and conferences nationwide.
- Ability to perform in high-energy, constantly changing environments.
- Detail oriented and capable of executing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Continually evaluating my own performance and have a strong desire to succeed.
- Woodworking and basic carpentry.
- Welding and metalworking.
- Robotics and electronics prototyping.
- Competent Communicator Toastmaster.
- West Coast Art and Frame National Conference.
- Education Market Association EDexpo.
- Superior Technology for Teachers Conference.
- Environmental Educators Association of Georgia Annual Conference.
- Numerous WordCamp presentations including: Asheville, Atlanta, Nashville, Savannah and St. Louis.
Contributions, Recommendations and Reviews
- View my public repositories and open source contributions on Github.
- View connections and recommendations on LinkedIn.
- View my contributions and activity on WordPress.